Thursday, July 16, 2009

Casual Elegance - Living Room

I call this project the "almost fire victim" since the home narrowly escaped the recent wildfire in Ramona, CA. As it was, we still had to replace the carpet and many of the exterior plants, etc because the fire came right up to the front door, quite literally.

The homeowners were a fun couple to work with. It took a little while to define what they liked, but they definitely knew when they didn't like something. We brainstormed the color scheme together, and it worked out quite well. They also knew what their budget limits were, and it was very important to them to stay within the boundaries. With creative purchasing, we were able to accomplish a beautiful home that met the needs aesthetically and stayed within the budget parameters. See if you can spot where we saved money... I bet you can't tell.

With it's refreshing color palette of blues, greys, beige and browns, the living room is relaxing and casual but at the same time a bit dressy. After all, it is the formal living room...


Pillow details - and my favorite ball vase!

Super cute chair we had made.
You can also see the carpet detail, it's very soft but looks like a seagrass rug.

Accessories at the window - and a wonderful family photo...

One of my favorite Arteriors tables in the forefront, next to the chair/ottoman.
PS: I loved the art so much I bought duplicates for my own living room!

Living room - before...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi

you did a great job! And what color is that on the walls? Where can I find that sofa?

Anonymous said...

The sofa was previously owned by the client, from Ethan Allen I think. The walls are Dunn Edwards paint, boutique beige and handwoven.