Thursday, January 1, 2009

Grace and Beauty

Grace, beauty and style are some of the best words used to describe this client, who's name we'll keep anonymous. I kept asking what they needed me for... most of the items she had already purchased herself. I really enjoyed this project as the design style and color palette are so fresh, classy and beautiful. (I also enjoyed curling up on the sofa for a cup of coffee and discussing accessories.) We went through the house and placed all of her furniture and accessories. She wanted my help finalizing each room. I gave recommendations on pieces that might help to finish the look, such as large-scale lighting.

One custom item she enlisted my help with was the drapery. She wanted a tailored and simple design with subtle color fabric. Almost always there is one thing that goes awry in every project - in this case, it was the fabric. Our beloved drapery fabric showed up in a different colorway than the sample we had ordered it from. It was much yellower than the client desired.

I am a firm believer in customer service, especially when it comes to clients homes. I took care of the drapery, making sure they received a prompt refund and options for alternates. Unfortunately the fabric company we had purchased from didn't feel the same way... and didn't extend any refunds in our direction.

Which was fine, as the story has a happy ending: the drapery fits perfectly in the master bedroom of my new home, and looks wonderful. I smile every time I curl up in my bed with a cup of coffee and remember what a blessing it was to work on this project.


No comments: