Thursday, July 16, 2009

Casual Elegance - Master Bedroom

The master bedroom in the "almost fire victim" home is one of my favorite rooms of all time. I always say that after finishing a project, but seriously - this bedroom is really special. What makes it so wonderful to me? Maybe it's the blue on the walls (I stole it for my own master bathroom). Or it's the scrumptious leafy patterned carpet underfoot, that feels like you're walking on a cashmere sweater. No, it must be the over-scaled watercolor art that we splurged on. The custom bed from Jorge in Mexico? The beautifully sewn bedding made by Cathy, exactly to our specifications? Lamps? Accessories? Hmm. I think I just love it all. But, my secret treasure is the cat. I think I must have one on the wall in my bedroom as well!

Master bedroom...

Accessories...

Another angle, look at that carpet!!

Looking down the hall towards closet and bathroom...
Custom antique replica dresser, by Jorge in Mexico.
Uttermost wall decor, Palecek benches, Imax mirror, etc.
I especially adore the "hug" and "kiss" sculptures.

Sweet kitty...
I love the emotion in this custom framed watercolor reproduction.
So like a cat, aloof but love-able.

The master bedroom before...

No comments: